Jessore is the site of the memory of Michael Madhusudan Dutt. This is the place where his practice of literature started and the beginning of him becoming The “Michael Madhusudan Dutt”. The journey of Michael Madhusudan Debate Federation started in 2009 at Jessore, where his memories are spread everywhere. At that time, participating in a debate competition on the campus of the Government MM College, then the victory and glory of the best speaker, pushed them towards their dream and was also the first ever inspiration.
The scope of the MMDF BD
One of the features of the MMDFBD is to expand the fields of regular debate and discussion. For almost ten years, the MMDF has been working to increase the quantity of Debaters and also to increase Debate practice throughout Bangladesh. In continuation of this work, the schools, colleges and universities of Khulna Division currently have more than three hundred members and this number is increasing daily. Not only Debate, but more fields of knowledge like quick-quiz, instant speech, national essay writing competitions, book readings, recitations and competitions, by which the members of MMDF can left a signature mark behind of their intelligence. Also, the MMDF has a thriving library, by reading the books from the library the Debaters are increasing their Confinement of knowledge. Although the MMDF initially started its tenure in Jessore district in the development of the dispute industry, but in the end it’s activities were not only confined among Jessore district. The active committees and central committees in various districts of Bangladesh are working relentlessly to shed the light of knowledge. In addition to this, MMDF is organizing debate festivals in districts for the first time, in addition to train debates in various educational institutions in different districts of the country including Magura, Narail, Satkhira, Khulna, Jhenaidah, Patuakhali, Barisal, Chittagong. For the first time in 2018 MMDF, BD organized a “National Debate Festival” in the presence of more than three thousand students, and hundreds of parents and the general public were able to witness the largest national debate festival in South Bengal. At the debate festival, Musa Ibrahim presented, who is the ever Bangladeshi to raise the flag of Bangladesh on the peak of Mount Everest.
The scope of the MMDF BD
- To inspire patriotism among all people through debate.
- Developing a rational illuminated youth through debate.
- To awaken the youth society in the spirit of the liberation war.
- To sow dreams of being rational among children, adolescents, and youth.
- To play a role in building a truly knowledgeable and intellectual society.
Achievements of MMDF BD in 2009
The MMDF was founded in 2009 when it felt the necessity of practicing the art debate. Being organized was one of the challenges for us at that time. This year we have achieved some of these challenges too. For example, We participated in the Campus Debate Competition for the first time in 2009 and we’re proud to be successful there. Also received the honor of the best speaker was the leader of our team and the Chairman of the MMDF BD Zahir Iqbal Nannu.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2010
- In 2010, the present Chairman of MMDF BD Zahir Iqbal participated in a Single debate help in the Dr. Abdur Razzak Municipal College. In this competition, he won the title with the proof of the excellence of all the contestants and was selected as the champion and best speaker by getting the highest number in the entire tournament.
- This year the chairman of the MMDF participated in a three-day debate festival organized by the DUDS (Dhaka University Debating Society). His active participation in the festival made MMDF more dynamic and helped to reach more students.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2011
- This year, MMDF BD participated in a debate competition at Khulna Engineer University. In the first round, they faced a strong team from Chittagong University and were defeated just for a few points. There, the signature of the talent of the MMDF BD also caught the eye.
- Also, this year, MMDF BD achieved the first runner-up title by participating in the TIB district-level Quick-Quiz competition.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2012
- This year, the MMDF BD began it’s activity in collecting members from various parts of Bangladesh and also started to grow the teaching of The “Parliamentary Debate”.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2013
- This year, MMDF BD officially started with an office. A permanent address to make the job area more powerful at this time.
- MMDF BD participated in a competition organized by Jessore College. By defeating some of the best and strongest teams in Jessore, MMDF BD remained the winner of the Jessore District. In this tournament, the chairman of MMDF BD Zahir Iqbal and the Co-chairman were jointly selected as the best speaker. Thus, the MMDF BD spread gradually in the Jessore district from this point in time.
- This year, we again won the Jessore District Champion title by participating in the college-level debate competition, and our team got the credit of being the best speaker. From this time onwards, the relations with other debate organizations from various parts of Bangladesh were firm with the MMDF. The relations continued to grow.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2014
- We got the credit of being the first runner-up in Khulna division by participating in a Debate organized by the ACC(Anti Corruption Commission). Such success at the departmental level made our path forward even more dynamic.
- Michael Madhusudan Debate Federation, Bangladesh organized the Inter-College Debate Contest with its own funding.
- 3. This year, a team consisted about 13 members of MMDF BD participated in a Debate Festival organized by the National Debate Federation and was selected as the best Debate Organization in Bangladesh.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2015
- The Co-Chairman of MMDF BD Sunjida Yeasmin Opi became the champion of the Khulna division in the Khulna divisional debate in 2015.
- In 2015, the MMDF BD received the award of Champion Ship from the Deputy Commissioner of Jessore and VC of JUST.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2016
MMDF BD received the distinction of being the best active debate organization of Bangladesh at the 9th National Debate Festival organized by National Debate Federation Bangladesh.
- This year, the debaters of MMDF BD became the champion of a debate competition organized by the Apex Club. In the competition, the members of MMDF BD Zahir Iqbal, Sunjida Yeasmin and Sumon hossain participated. They were leading MMDF BD from the Front.
- The members of MMDF BD maintained the heritage of becoming the Champions in a Debate Competition organized by the Bangladesh Debate federation.
- This year, the Bangladesh Debate Federation organized a debate competition among 194 Educational Institutions where MMDF BD achieved the 3rd place in the whole country.
- National Debate Federation Khulna Organized a competition where MMDF BD achieved the 1st place in Barwari Debate, likewise the 2nd & 3rd place in Instant speech. MMDF BD became the champion of Khulna division and Sumon Hossain of the Khulna division was elected as the current Champion. All three are leading the MMDF from the upfront.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2017
In this year, a contest organized by the ACC, the school and college level winners of the MMDF BD passed the divisional level and became the runners-up of the Khulna Division by acquiring the place of Champion in the southwestern region of the Khulna Division. Jessore district team reached the national level semifinals after defeating Bhola district at the college level. Both parties were members of the MMDF BD.
- For the third time this year, Michael Madhusudan Debate Federation organized a successful debate festival in Sharsha Upazila in Bangladesh.
- In the contest organized by the KUET Debating Society, two parties participated in the contest and defeated Khulna University.
- We were champions in the anti-drug debate competition organized by the district administration and we have the award of the best speaker.
- The district administration organized stalls at information fairs and we MMDF BD exhibited parliamentary debates.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2018
The members of the MMDF BD were nominated for the final phase of the Apex Club of Bangladesh debate.
- This year, for the first time outside Dhaka, the largest national debate festival of South Bengal was organized with the presence of over three thousand students and hundreds of parents, and the general public. Where Musa Ibrahim, the first Everest winner of Bangladesh, was present.
- This year, Sanjida Yasmin Opi, co-chairman of MMDF BD, occupied the second position across Bangladesh in an instant speech competition.
- The MMDF BD was able to host the first-ever debate festival in Narail district on August 17, 2018. Narails Deputy Commissioner and District Magistrate Emadul Haque Chowdhury were present at the festival. Mashrafei Bin Mortaza, the captain of the Bangladesh National Cricket Team, was also present.
- This year, in September, MMDF BD succeeded in organizing a debate festival in Magura with the participation of half a thousand students.
- For the first time in the Satkhira district, MMDF BD organized a debate festival. About in the presence of four hundred indiscriminate participants from various educational institutions participated in the program.
Achievement of MMDF BD in 2019
MMDF BD organized a national debate festival for the second time in the field premises of Jessore Government Women College, with the participation of about 2400+ students from more than 34 districts of all over Bangladesh. Nahim Razzak, the Member of Parliament from Shariatpur-1 was present as the chief guest in the closing ceremony of the festival.
- Michael Madhusudan Debate Federation Bangladesh Chairman Zahir Iqbal went to India for a 5-day visit as a youth representative to Bangladesh.